I didn't dream at all last night. This is almost a relief. I recall waking around 2:00 thinking I had been flying. I remember nothing of the night but that feeling.
I am cold this morning for no particular reason. The temperature out is 52° and inside it is 73°. There is no reason why I should be cold.
Pre-surgery jitters are getting me down. I am not looking forward to Thursday. I don't know why this bothers me. I went into a previous and much more serious surgery with little trepidation. I am bothered by this. There is no reason for me to be bothered.By way of amusing myself I have been trying to think of the perfect phrase to speak upon awakening from anesthesia:
- Beware the Snuffaluffagus!
- Qui a coupé la fromage?
- Take me to your leader.
- Oh Miss! What time to we get to Chattahoochie?
- They brought me back! The aliens broght me back!
- There's no place like home! There's no place like home!
- And the Lord said unto me "Go forth and found upon the earth a New Order, O first of the Jedi."
- Eight. You're holding up eight fingers. What are you an alien?
- I didn't know monkeys could swim!
- I can see! I can see! But who am I?