Clutched within the hangman's noose a man swings in the air,
For in the grip of total war death is quick and most unfair,
For on the grounds of northern state sat the southern man to die,
With a choking rope placed 'round his neck he enters into his mind,
Run, run! Runaway you want innocence and life,
Far, far faraway you must leave this place or die,
He prayed for all his loved ones and that God would bring him home,
As the hangman sneered and watched him suffer,
He knew his time and come,
But he found himself now falling down to the water that sat below,
For the rope had snapped and cheated death,
Giving him a chance to run,
So run, run! Runaway back to innocence and life,
Far, far faraway from this place you were to die,
You are the hanging soldier the one who cheated death,
By name the hanging soldier alive, but will it last?
Recently Played Songs:
It looks to me as though the coming week will be busy. Not that there is anything interesting going on. Tuesday sees a visit with my shrinkologist. Thursday sees me at the hospital for a cardiac stress test and such. That will be a lengthy day.
I spent Friday from 10:30 in the mornin to after 3:00 in the afternoon talking variously with my doctor's office, medicare, verizon, and medco. I will spare you the rant. Suffice it to say that mail order prescriptions are a raging pain in the fundament.
I've no real plans for the week that don't involve a doctor. I believe that to be a bad thing. Suggestions?
1. Can you cook? Rather well, if I do say so myself.
2. What was your dream growing up? Huh?
3. What talent do you wish you had? I wish I could sing. Well.
4. Favorite place? Vienna, Austria.
5. Favorite vegetable? Corn on the Cob
6. What was the last book you read? One of Thomas Harris' It might have Been Hannibal. I haven't read since because I lost my vision.
7. What zodiac sign are you? Taurus.
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? No
9. Worst Habit? Will have to get someone to tell me. I can't be objective about this one.
10. Do we know each other outside of Facebook/LJ? No.
11. What is your favorite sport? Is chess a sport? I am the anti-sport.
12. Negative or Optimistic attitude? Negative
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? Hold a doubtless dreary conversation about our prospects of survival?
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you? None of your business.
15. Tell me one weird fact about you: Just one? I have 10 adopted children.
16. Do you have any pets? Jirel the Carolina Dog (American Dingo) who was named for pulp fiction heroine Jirel of Joiry
17. Do you know how to do the Macarena? No.
18. What time is it where you are now? 21:18
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? I dislike all clowns except Emmet Kelly (Willie the hobo clown) who is a relative of mine.
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? One thing would make so little difference I wouldn't bother.
21. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience? I'm better a the whole conscience thing.
22. What color eyes do you have? blue-gray depending on my mood
23. Ever been arrested? I plead the 5th.
24. Bottle or Draft? Nobody has Dortmunder Union on draft, so bottle.
25. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it? Buy a car.
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew? I prefer not to do so.
27. What 's your favorite bar to hang at? Used to be Hofbrau Haus in Coral Gales. Don't have one currently
28. Do you believe in ghosts? yes.
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? I sit at the computer
30. Do you swear a lot? no
31. Biggest pet peeve? aggressive ignorance
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself? sapient
33. Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you? I just did.