- Well, things have been good and bad. Some of my projects are out of the way at last. The roof is fixed. The cash outlay has been horrendous and I am feeling very parsimonious. There's more to be done in the way of painting and finishing the back room. Anything more than painting will have to wait. Paneling, soffit, guttering, driveway, window removal, all of those, will have to wait.
- I have actually been writing in a small way. I have resumed Children of Honec a fantasy piece about the elves and half-elves left in "the west" after all the other elves "went home". It is still little more than an outline.
- I have been sick fairly regularly since spring. My medications are being taken erratically because of that. I quit them completely when sick - I recover in half the time when I'm off my meds. This, of course, is not good for me. I am working on getting back on schedule with all my meds. I am absolutely furious with my doctors, however. I am taking two different medicines for depression and as sleep aids and neither one has had any discernible effect over the last six months? Why am I continuing them? The docs say to give them time.
- I got a letter from medicare saying I am now eligible. I will be paying about 5% of my disability for this and have serious doubts about its value.
- The dogs are doing well but are not happy with the new dog food. Jirel just plain doesn't like the stuff so we are going to switch brands. Nikkie may be suffering a little with arthritis or may just be off her usual behavior due to the new food. If she doesn't improve in the next week or so we're going to try her on aspirin for a week and see if she does better.
- I've been missing my doctor appointments routinely. I don't know how I've gotten so disorganized, but I have to work on it. My sister tries, but she is little more organized than I.
- I have done reasonably well in my diet of late, but have lost no weight. I am eating better, but not eating less. Advice is welcomed. How do you lose weight when you're basically sedentary?
- I resolve to write daily for a while. Guess we'll see how long that lasts
Catching up once again
It is my sad duty to report that my Brother Bob passed away from a heart attack on 1/31/13. I know he had many followers on Live Journal. I thought…
I spoke to lutron today. That would be the person, not the corporation. He was on his way to D & D. I haven't done that in more…
I have been cat-waxing all day. I really need to write some more on my NaNoWriMo novel. It is a take off on Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake…