Tonight I had a dream that involved camels, and a human skull in a haliburton case (only the skull was in the case, not the camels).I would add it to my annals, but that is actually all I remember on the subject.
I spent some time with my new RSB counselor. She seems very nice. It is the first occasion on which we have had an opportunity to spend much time. I don't know just where things are going between me and RSB, but I suppose they can only get better. She is trying to get me better equipped at work. I really can't do what they have me doing. I can, but it is a ludicrous process. I am taking weeks to do what anyone else could figure out in hours. I really think something more appropriate could be assigned. I just don't know how to accomplish that. *sigh* I spend half my day recovering from the other half. The way things are going, it takes about two hours to get such bad eye strain that I spend all the rest of the day treating my headache. I never realized how much of programming consisted entirely of reading.
I've got about a dozen audio books piled up on my desk. I'm not reading any of them, but that's the way it goes. I really wish I could get into the whole thing. The list?
- Anne Rice - The Feast of All Saints
- Winston Graham - The Miller's Dance: A Novel of Cornwall 1812-1813
- Joseph G. Rosa -The Gunfighter: Man or Myth?
- Leo Tolstoy - Anna Karenina
- Heinrich Böll - Group Portrait with Lady
- James Patterson - Pop Goes the Weasel:
- Sheri S. Tepper - Shadow's End
- Robert Silverberg - Hot Sky at Midnight
- Walter John Williams - City on Fire
- Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love
- Aleksander I. Solzhenitzen - The Gulag Archipelago, 1918- 1956
- Clive Cussler - Raise the Titanic!
- Steven J. Pyne - How the Canyon Became Grand: A Short History.