As an INTP, career satisfaction means doing work that:
- Gives me opportunities to constantly increase my own personal competence and power and lets me meet and interact with other powerful and successful people
- Lets me develop, analyze, and critique new ideas
- Lets me interact with a small group of highly regarded friends and associates, all of whom I respect
- Is done in a flexible, nonstructured environment, without useless rules, excessive limitations, or unnecessary meetings
- Lets me set and maintain my own high standards for my work and determine how my performance will be evaluated and compensated
- Is challenging and deals with complex problems, where I am able to try unconventional approaches, and take risks to find the best solution
- Lets me work independently with plenty of quiet, private time to concentrate and complete my thinking process
- Lets me develop ingenious ideas and plans and lets me delegate the simple implementation and follow-through to an efficient support staff
- Does not require me to spend time directly organizing other people or supervising or mediating interpersonal differences.
- Lets me focus my attention and energy on a creative, theoretical, and logical process, rather than on an end product
Well, that would be a dream job now wouldn't it?