Today someone looked up some sort of horoscope and told me that I was going to have a "5 out of 10" day. Maybe.
The morning sucked. I woke up later than I intended because I forgot to set my alarm. I almost always awake just before my alarm goes off but last night I forgot to set it. I woke about fifteen minutes late at 5:45 instead of 5:30. No big crisis, but things went downhill from there.
- I slipped in the shower. No biggie, I didn't really even lose my balance, just a reminder that I still haven't put those non-skid thingies in the tub. I guess since I'm moving Sunday I won't have to do that.
- No biscuits for breakfast. I forgot to make them last night. By the time I notice it was to late to make them. I had some sausage/gravy biscuitty thingie (see dinner).
- I took out the trash. On the way back I tripped on the dog's chain. You know, the dog that nobody in this apartment or the one upstairs owns. I lay on the porch for about five minutes until my knee stopped throbbing and I could no longer stand the cold (16°) and hobbled inside.
- My bus arrived late. My knee still hurt so I didn't mind waiting. I guess that one evens out.
- I arrived at work to find my chair had been adjusted very low. Either somebody tall used it to work at my computer (and why would they do that?) or I have been the victim of a midnight requisition. I can't tell if it was my chair or not. The ass groove never was comfortable so I can't be sure if this is a substitution.
- I made coffee in the french press and spilled grounds in the sink. No biggie save that the only observer was the individual who last sent 'round a memo to the effect that we have to stop putting "food" down the sink. *sigh* I always seem to be the one that gets caught.
- Went and offered the press to Randy (a fellow coffee enthusiast and he botched his too. Too cups of coffee used up a lot of beans...
- Sent the valentine memo of the day (get you valentines from the employee association today!). Just as I sent it I got a note from the EA President with a recommendation for a change in wording. Murphy was on my back today.
- Went to the bathroom about 10:00, cried for fifteen minutes and then got on with life. I wish I could stop that. It is so humiliating.
- My bus arrived for my Dr. Appointment early. The appointment was for 3:00. The bus arrived at 2:20. The distance to the Doctor's office is about five miles. *sigh*. Well, I hadn't prepared to leave (I expected the bus a little after 2:30, at least), so it took about five minutes to log off, get all my shit together and get to the door. Just in time to see the bus drive away. I called and he came back, but it was a pisser.
- The Doctor was running late. My 3:00 appointment happened at about 3:45. That seems par for the course these days.
- I like Doctor Diesel. He is a D.O. rather than an M.D. He seems a sensible soul and was reasonable in all he said. He seemed to be willing to take on the work load of managing my miserable health. I have made him my new PCP.
- Because I wasn't willing to make Dr. Diesel my PCP before ever having laid eyes on him my insurance company insists that it cannot pay for my visit. There goes $90 bux in a hurry.
- Ricky came by about 19:00 wanting to collect for some school fund raiser to which I had promised $10. I am financially embarrassed. I had no money. I sent him away with a promise to pay Thursday. That would be too late, Tuesday is their collection day, he explained. He offered to just scratch it out. *sigh* I wrote him a check. He didn't know what to do with it (the kid is 10 years old) but I assured him that his teacher could handle it.
A "5 out of 10" day? I dunno.